Common questions and answers regarding architectural projects
If you are carrying out an architectural project and you’re dealing with having to make a technical report or looking for architectural project examples to generate interactive 3D presentations allowing your client to experience your project ideas, in this blog article we’ll provide the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
What is an architectural project?
An architectural project is a design and planning for a building and can contain architectural drawings, calculations, time planning of the building process, BoQs and other documents.
It aims at describing a building intervention by defining the functional organization of spaces, the connecting elements between the various layout environments, the dimensions, the shapes, the technologies involved and the materials used.
How to start an architectural project?
The process by which a building project is delivered may be divided into the following phases:
- preliminary analysis entails the building context analysis (surrounding environment, size of the lot, orientation, accesses, borders) together with the analysis of urban planning tools (generic volumes, maximum heights, distances, etc);
- design phase is where you look at the many project features, floor plans and elevation views, functional and layout/distributional compositions, external spaces, materials, etc.
How to present a project plan to my client?
A great design can look mediocre if not presented well. Today, thanks to technological innovations implemented in the most known architectural design software, you can present an architectural project to your client in multiple ways:
- 3D views (axonometric and isometric views and cutaways)
- detailed photorealistic renderings with high-quality graphic impact, which can now be produced in a matter of seconds
- real-time rendering-based video presentations
- immersive virtual reality
- sharing a link to view the project with a common browser (find out more)
What are the top BIM architectural design software?
The best architecture software is a crucial tool for architects working on the digital design of buildings. These are some of the most common architectural design software:
- Edificius allows you to deal with all aspects of design: bi and three-dimensional architectural design, interventions on existing buildings, technical installation modeling, construction scheduling, cost estimating and the possibility of navigating the model in real time (RTBIM) or in virtual reality (VRi BIM)
- Revit is a software solution that reproduces a faithful example of reality through three-dimensional, isometric and perspective elements and the ability to apply the fourth dimension or time-related information to your projects
- Archicad allows you to manage the entire architectural project through a complete model of partitions, doors, windows and furnishings. It is suitable for both small-scale construction projects and more complex projects
- AllPlan is software that addresses both architects and engineers working in construction and infrastructure, allowing you to first build the virtual model, then to recognize and resolve possible errors and conflicts present already during the design stage, thus avoiding delays in the construction phase.
Can I deal with all the aspects of architectural design with Edificius?
With Edificius you no longer need to have multiple software for your architectural design, as this solution allows you to address multiple aspects (surveying with point clouds, architectural planning, interior design, outdoor spaces, MEP, redevelopment of historical buildings).
As a matter of fact, with an all-in-one solution you can address architectural design environments, outdoor spaces and gardens, interior design, technical installation systems, etc. Edificius allows you to easily produce all the relevant project documents (floor plans, elevation views, cross-sections, isometric views, working drawings, etc.) and impressive archviz presentations (automatic renders, videos and animations, scene photo matches and photo editing tools).
What integrations does Edificius provide?
Edificius integrates multiple design disciplines in order to deal with various industry related aspects such as: structural calculation, cost estimating, energy performance analysis, technical installation modelling, etc. It is also dynamically integrated with Revit®, SketchUp®, Blender® and Rhino/Grasshopper® for free-form solid modelling.
With Edificius, you have an integrated DWG CAD (Edificius-CAD) that allows you to produce technical drawings in 2D and model in 3D mesh.
You can also import and export in the standard IFC format, collaborate with other BIM authoring software and BIM tools, take advantage of the integration with collaborative BIM management platforms, and obtain topographical and surveying data directly from Google Maps.
Can I also create immersive reality environments with Edificius?
Edificius has a dedicated environment (VRiBIM) that enables you, with the support of a VR headset, to navigate within the project in immersive virtual reality and even edit it in real time.
The project reproduced for immersive virtual reality is dynamically integrated into the BIM model. In fact, any modification made in the VRiBIM environment will automatically be applied to the BIM model.
Can I make a Photo Match with Edificius?
A photo match is the synergistic combination of a 3D render and a traditional photograph. It allows you to preview how the construction urban and landscape context will be transformed, whether it involves a renovation or a new construction work.
You simply need to upload a photo and the software will allow you to rebuild the entire perspective in addition to identify orthogonal planes, to set the vanishing lines and position the 3D model in the photo by applying visibility, transparencies and shadows to obtain an even more realistic effect.