ACCA software participates in the 2nd ‘Blockchain in Construction Research‘ online workshop at the University of Aberdeen (UK)
The second “Blockchain in Construction Research” workshop will be hosted by the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK) on 15th and 16th of April in collaboration with the Construction Blockchain Consortium.
Blockchain in construction
Research on blockchain in the AEC sector is an important and emerging subject, with a growing number and quality of publications with a continuously growing attention in this particular sector.
This virtual workshop, hosted by the “Center for Digital Cities and Society” at the Robert Gordon University, and in collaboration with the Construction Blockchain Consortium, aims to connect researchers to develop further thinking and innovative approaches.
The workshop will bring the most important and innovative research studies together to promote an in-depth discussion based on various research papers, future research developments and future collaborations.
The event organisers hope to inspire new perspectives and research orientations too.
“Blockchain in Construction Research” workshop
The online workshop schedule:
The first day will feature a practical step-by-step implementation of Solidity smart contracts for CAD systems (Rhino/Grasshopper).
The second day will focus on discussions and research seminars.
Speakers at the event will be:
- Dr Theo Dounas – Robert Gordon University
- Dr Abel Maciel – Construction Blockchain Consortium
- Andrea Aiello – ACCA Software Spa
- Kevin Chinniah – I-Cost
- David Christie e Joseph Mante – Robert Gordon University
- Hasem Hamledari – Stanford University, Center for Integrated Facility Engineering
- Jens Hunhevicz – ETH Zurigo
- Dimosthenis Kifokeris – Chalmers University of Technology
- Jennifer Li – Northumbria University
- Giulia Pattini – Politecnico di Milano
- Hongyang Wang – ETH Zurich (Chair of Innovative and Industrial Construction)
- Lee Youngson – Robert Gordon University