IFC, dwg, dxf, rvt, edf: How to view and manage your project online completely for free, regardless of your 3D model format
Like other traditional sectors, also the construction sector is going through tremendous changes reaping the benefits of new technologies and construction techniques.
Consider the rapid emergence of the latest technological opportunities such as augmented reality, robotics, blockchain, Internet of Things, 3D scanning and printing, Building Information Modelling (BIM), artificial intelligence, etc.
This has led the AEC industry to facing new challenges and requirements, such as the need for greater and more timely collaboration between the subjects involved, from the designer to the construction team and the client.
Some of the most frequent questions that technical experts ask themselves are: How can I view DWG files online? How can I open and view IFC files?
Can I also view virtual models for free that have been produced by the most common 3D CAD software and without needing to have specific software or viewer subscription licenses?
The completely free, online viewer for your project 3D models
usBIM is the answer to the above questions.
usBIM is the ACCA software integrated system of applications and functions to manage the digitization of the construction industry. Particularly, usBIM is also a free online BIM Viewer.
With usBIM your models can be fully accessible online and easily shared with other project members in real time. No matter which software they have been produced with, everything works using a simple browser.
You no longer need to download any software in order to be able to view and share your project 3D models with all the actors involved. You can easily do that by simply sending them a link.
In fact, usBIM has an advanced 3D BIM browser that can open and manage numerous 3D file formats such as IFC, CPA, DWG, RVT, DXF, DGN, STEP, etc. without needing to have any software commercial licences or a viewer from a specific vendor.
usBIM allows you to view all 2D, 3D files in real time and collaborate with your team members on the same projects, reports or cost estimates online.
Consequently, you’ll be able to view and share from anywhere IFC, Revit, CAD, Points Cloud, GIS, 3D, Office, PDF files and all your documents and 2D/3D project drawings!
2D and 3D file viewer
With usBIM you can open, view and browse files, documents and models in multiple digital formats:
- CAD: AutoCAD (.DWG e .DXF), .DNG, .SVT
- 3D: Sketchup (.SKP), collada (.DAE), .OBJ, etc.
- BIM: IFC, BCF, Revit (.RVT e .RFA), Edificius (.EDF), EdiLus, TerMus, CerTus-HSBIM
- Point clouds: .LAS, .LAZ, .E57, .PLY, .PTS, .XYZ, etc.
- GIS: geoJson
- Images: .JPG, .BMP, .PNG, etc.
- 360° Pano photos: .JPG, .JPG360
- Others: .PDF, Office (.DOCX, .XLSX, .PPTX, etc.)
Easy to share and to view
usBIM is a free tool to share BIM projects on cloud, view them in 3D, measure them, explode them and so on. Without installing any software, all you need is a free registered account.
Your 3D models are then accessible in just matter of seconds with the simple drag-and-drop upload functionality. There are no constraints, no restrictions on sharing files on the platform.
With very intuitive commands you can quickly upload IFC files from Revit, ArchiCAD, AllPlan etc. to:
- view your 3D models with all their properties (data, dimensions and materials) and manage them according to the permissions granted
- share BIM models with anyone without copying, duplicating, sending files and installing any software.
All the advantages of the usBIM online viewer
- View, federate and manage 3D BIM models online in different formats (IFC viewer, DWG viewer, Revit viewer, DXF viewer, etc.)
- Minimise data loss and save time and resources by sharing the BIM model with your team and creating a centralised hub of project information.
- Create and share a customised BIM Object Library, with files in any format and managed versioning.
- Browse the 3D BIM or IFC model in Real-Time Rendering, Augmented Reality or Virtual Reality online even for project presentations to your clients!
- Work on even large construction and infrastructure files with extraordinary power and speed!