Sport facility management is the set of activities concerning the management and maintenance of sport facilities. Find out now how to manage a sport facility efficiently
Nowadays, managing a sport facility, regardless of the size and the type, represents a considerable challenge because many variables come into play. Of course, having adequate tools that facilitate you in the management of sport facilities is essential.
For this reason, I recommend using a facility management software that can adapt to the needs of different sectors and assets.
However, let’s first explore what is meant by sport facility management and what are the steps to take to achieve an efficient sport facility.
What is sport facility management?
Sport facility management is the management and maintenance of sport and recreational facilities. This activity can also be very complex, as it is necessary toplan numerous operations such as the procurement of equipment, the supervision of the plant and the creation of a maintenance plan.
There are different sport facilities (stadiums, gyms, swimming pools, spas, ice skating rinks, arenas for athletic competitions, etc.) and for all these facilities, whether large or small, there are a series of technical figures led by the sport facility manager.
This role is responsible for all the operations necessary to ensure that the structure is maintained perfectly. They plan ordinary and extraordinary maintenance activities and coordinate all employees in order to guarantee efficiency and safety to all. Sport facility managers must have multipurpose knowledge and thorough knowledge of the facility, to ensure long-term success.
What is the purpose of sport facility management?
The purpose of sport facility management is to better plan all maintenance activities and optimize the operations involved in the management of a sport facility. This helps to raise its performance level.
The advantages of efficient management of sport facilities are numerous, including the below:
- greater safety, the safe operation of any environment and the reduction of the risk of damage to customers, athletes or employees;
- compliance with regulations (national or local) concerning safety, health or the environment;
- protection against offences caused by poor maintenance of spaces;
- return on investment through effective planning and maintenance.
How to make sport facilities more efficient?
Below I’m providing some useful tips for improving sport facilities:
- planning the budget: from the first organizational phases it is necessary to pay attention to finances. It’s good to keep an eye on long-term expenses. Maintenance and replacement costs must therefore also be taken into account in budget planning;
- strengthens the team: each staff member is an integral part of the organisation and affects the achievement of the final objectives. Hold your team accountable, communicate, and cooperate constantly.
- choose the right technology: choosing the right technologies allows you to support the facility manager’s activity effectively. For this reason, I recommend using a facility management software that simplifies and automates the management of sport facilities. This saves time and effort in maintenance operations and provides better and more efficient services.