5 key elements for government facilities maintenance
Government facilities maintenance ensures the proper management of those facilities that offer essential services to citizens. Here are 5 key elements
All public and government buildings have the responsibility to remain operational and functional at all times, so they must be constantly maintained.
To organize and control these operations in a safe and reliable way, a simple and straightforward facility management software is the right solution. It will guide you from the technological point of view to improve all the maintenance aspects.
First thing, go through this article and understand how you can efficiently manage the maintenance of public buildings and government facilities and discover the highlights of this important topic!
What is Government Facilities Management?
Government facilities management is the set of services and activities aimed at ensuring the effective management, maintenance and repair of all the infrastructures of government facilities, thus guaranteeing
- regulatory compliance;
- financial organisation;
- environmental impact;
As mentioned already, public and government buildings are all those facilities that offer essential services to citizens, among which we have
- city halls;
Several aspects should necessarily be taken into account when managing public facilities.
- very strict rules;
- peak working hours that add stress on the HVAC systems, MEP systems, fire systems, etc.;
- occupants safety;
- cybersecurity and privacy;
- constant requests for documentation;
- supply needs.
What are the 5 key elements to manage the maintenance of public and government buildings?
Here is a list of the five key elements necessary for the management of public and government buildings.
- energy management: it is very important to control and manage energy consumption and costs, the quality of indoor environments (thermal, acoustic, hygrometric comfort, etc.), environmental loads, the sustainability of the site, the characteristic parameters. The aims is to transform old and energetic buildings into Green Buildings;
- maintenance management: maintenance planning, the tracking of activities and the management of the problems that arise are the key element for the correct “operation” of the facility, which will thus have a longer useful life;
- capital project management: in all public structures the economic resource management plan is essential to understand the budget available, the timing and how to invest. These are often sustainable projects or building improvement;
- real estate management: controlling real estate costs and leases is essential to make decisions on how to occupy and manage properties; this is of great help because it allows you to avoid wrong investments and improve the use of certain structures;
- space management: the management of internal spaces allows to organize environments and internal resources in a more optimal way, monitoring the conditions of development and controlling their use constantly.
What are the benefits of government facilities management?
The benefits that derive from the overall management of public facilities are listed below:
- operational efficiency;
- energy saving;
- development of new technologies;
- creation of a centralized and unique information database;
- creation of new jobs;
- increased safety;
- modernization of dated structures.
How to efficiently manage the maintenance of public and government buildings?
Optimally managing the maintenance of public and government buildings is only possible if you choose to embrace new technological advances and apply them wisely to the surrounding reality.
For this reason, my suggestion is to immediately start using the demo version of a facility management software for free; it allows you to:
- integrate all procedures into a single platform;
- have all documents and information automatically available in a centralised system;
- ensuring greater transparency;
- generate verifiable corrections;
- promptly detect and report faults;
- reduce costs.