The four main types of architectural rendering
Architectural rendering is the process of creating photorealistic images to visualize an architectural project. Here are the top 4 types!
In order to sell their project, all architects must master the art of communication to ensure an effective presentation of their creation.
The best way to convince a customer is to present a photo-realistic view of the complete work, striking them with more perspectives and three-dimensional images: all this is possible thanks to architectural rendering. For this reason, I recommend downloading a free rendering software and try out how powerful this tool can be not only for presenting your project to the customer but also to support you during the design phase.
However, you must know that there are different types of architectural rendering technologies. Let’s find out what they are!
What is architectural rendering?
Architectural rendering is the way to create images that transform a proposed architectural project into photorealistic visualizations.
The renderings are almost always very detailed, focusing on the physical design and aesthetic details, helping to outline the specific characteristics of the architectural work and highlighting the quality of your project.
If once renderings were made by hand, styling scenes of the project that could give the best impression, today there are many different architectural rendering software solutions available that allow visual simulations of a 3D Model.
What are the 4 types of architectural rendering?
By modeling our construction through the BIM methodology, we can realize 4 main types of architectural renderings:
- 3D aerial rendering: these renderings show a complete view of our building, framing it completely from the other and relating it to the buildings and surrounding environments;
- Interior renderings: represent the views whose vantage point is inside the house. They are enriched with decorations, furnishings, colors, lights, shadows that help to convey the atmosphere you want to communicate to your customers;
- External render: represents the construction through an external point of view. It can include adjacent spaces to give a more realistic view of the building. Often, the model is inserted directly into the real position, to determine the impact of the work in the surrounding context;
- Floor plan render: represents a rendered floor plan that highlights the distribution of a house. Aimed at customers with little technical knowledge, it frees itself from graphic representations such as dimensions or measurements, enriching itself with furnishings, colours, surfaces and materials. It allows you to seamlessly translate the layout functionality of each room.
What are the benefits of architectural rendering?
The main advantages deriving from the use of architectural rendering are:
- improved and more accurate representations of design solutions;
- better project content quality;
- immediate detection of architectural design artifacts;
- better communication to convince customers;
- customers marketing tool;
- customer loyalty.
What are architectural renders used for?
The purpose of an architectural rendering is to give a realistic experience of what an architectural construction will look like before it is built, allowing it to be viewed from different angles and accurately representing the design intent. In addition to being a very useful tool for presenting projects to customers and for receiving useful feedback for any changes in architectural design, it is also an excellent design support tool.
If you want to start creating architectural rendering now and you are not an expert, you can download the free trial version of the rendering software and get inspired by these practical examples of architectural projects, which are associated with video tutorials that will guide you and help you set up your rendering at its best!
Nowadays there are also other ways to produce high-quality renderings. In this particular sector, we have the latest advancements of real-time rendering deriving from the gaming industry and truly becoming the core technology for high performance visual experiences in architecture. If you’d like to get your hands on real-time rendering for your projects, I recommend using a real-time rendering software fully integrated with 3D BIM modeling. Download the free version and start creating your renderings the most effective way.